What makes the PulseStar® Lighting System unique?
1. Cutting edge, energy-saving fluorescent lamps and ballasts; they produce the same amount of light while using significantly less electricity – while providing excellent light quality and accurate color rendering. Millions of these lamps and ballasts are already installed across North America.
2. Wireless control of the entire lighting system… with each system custom designed.
Permanent, wireless/batteryless (self-powered) controls mean there’s no need for switch wiring of any kind.
3. Multi-level control of any fixture or group of fixtures… from anywhere in the building.
The electrical industry and the U.S. government have determined that multi-level controls are essential for maximum energy savings. PulseStar® can be set to High (fully On)… Low (50% to 67% On)… and Off. Because PulseStar produces so much light, many of our Clients use the Low setting most of the time. Others use Low when there’s reduced activity in a given area. Is a room going to be empty for a while? Turn those lights down or off… or leave just one “nightlight” on. Any fixture – and any combination of fixtures – can be controlled separately. Timers, photo sensors and motion sensors can be added to the system.
4. Fast and easy installation, maintenance and operation.
Ingenious design and pre-configuring at the factory make PulseStar installations amazingly fast and easy. For instance, in most cases, an old gymnasium lighting system can be removed and a PulseStar System installed in its place overnight.
Servicing PulseStar is simple, too. Fixtures can be taken down and replaced by one person literally in seconds.
PulseStar controls are straightforward and intuitive. No software or computer is required – so no specialist or expensive service contracts are needed. The controls can be mounted anywhere in the building or carried around as remotes… or both. They are wireless and they never need batteries because they generate the power they need to send their remote control signal each time the switch button is pushed.
5. Low or no real acquisition cost; savings in electricity usually more than cover monthly lease/purchase payments. PulseStar has designed every aspect of its operation to deliver high quality performance at a low cost:
There’s no need for switch wiring, so you’ll save $1,000s or $10,000s in labor and materials.
PulseStar qualifies for tax incentives and rebates that can further reduce the cost of installation. We invented… we designed… and we make… our own fixtures and patented controls. We sell directly to our clients – no distribution mark-up. Zero-down financing is available; payments are usually lower than the monthly savings in electricity.
6. Long life bulbs that are easy and inexpensive to change. The standard T5 and T8 lamps we use (they’re manufactured by Sylvania) are rated at 20,000 and 24,000 hours. We offer the new Sequoia 50,000 hour T8 lamps as an option. Our ballasts (also made by Sylvania) are warranted for five years, but many are in place that have been running for 10 to 15 years.
The PulseStar control system is warranted for ten years – except for the self-powering generator in the remote control transmitter: it has a lifetime warranty!
What is PulseStar?
PulseStar is a unique, highly efficient and flexible lighting system that saves 40% to 80% of the electricity used by older technologies. Its patented wireless switch controls combined with virtually instant-on, multiple-level lighting make PulseStar the ultimate energy saver.
You get just the amount of light you want, where and when you want it.
At the push of a button, lights are turned up or down… on or off… individually or in groups. PulseStar saves the most in places traditionally served by HIDs (High Intensity Discharge lamps… such as metal halides) and T12 fluorescents… like warehouses, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities, retail space, gymnasiums, parking garages, convention halls, etc.
We’re Thoroughly Green
Our systems save so much energy that each PulseStar installation prevents the generation of tons of greenhouse gases each year – the emissions that would have been created in the generation of the electricity that we don’t need.
PulseStar eliminates the need to run wires from the lights to the switches and back, since our switches are wireless. So, we save the environmental and financial costs of mining, manufacturing, packaging, shipping and installing the expensive copper (and steel and plastic) used in wired installations. That can add up to a mile of wire or more in just one industrial or commercial building.
We also recycle the old system (the fixtures, wires, lamps, etc.) that we remove and we even recycle our shipping materials.
Our lamps are so environmentally safe that they require no special disposal.